Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ADD cravings are back

Yup, when I am in charge of grocery shopping and I do it alone before I have eaten, it's never a pretty site. A few months ago, I went nuts and bought every gross processed food you could think of. I wasn't THAT bad this time around, but I did get some mini frozen pork egg rolls and a large ice cream turtle pie. The pork egg rolls were great, but after a slice of the turtle pie, I realized that I didn't want it anymore.
This has pretty much been the norm. Just come over and check out my freezer full of food that I don't want.


Lions, tigers and marathons oh my!
So my love of running 26.2 miles have not diminished even though I am pretty much benched from doing that sort of distance for the time being. After watching Al and Merideth from The Today Show, show clips of their NYC Marathon experience, it lit the fire for my desire to get out and tackle it again.
I signed up for the NYC marathon which takes place year from this month, but since NYC happens to be the largest participating marathon in the world, admittance is based on a lottery system. So, I will find out if I am accepted in April. Fingers crossed!!!! And, what better way to lose the baby weight than to train for a marathon.

Nesting
So, I have heard of this phenomena but really didn't think it would hit me because:

1. At the time I was researching pregancies, I was a walking, tired zombie and couldn't fathom cleaning.
2. Even though I am a neat person, I will not bend over backwards to spic and span the entire house.

So this weekend, the first thing I did when I work up was clean. I cleaned EVERYTHING. Sure it was a little exhausting afterward, but that didn't seem to stop me. I do hear stories of women taking off the knobs of their cupboards to clean them...but I highly doubt I would be that bad.

Baby stuff
Since we don't know the sex yet, it's hard to go out and buy cute little outfits. I did however, find this cute towel and hand puppet. When I saw the picture, I couldn't resist.

As for the big stuff like the nursery furniture....I have a generous friend that is giving us her unused crib. And to help save more money, hubby and I will be hitting the flea markets for the dressers. I actually prefer the flea market because even though it will cost us a few hundred bucks, since the furniture is a bit old, it will be made with real wood..not like the cheap wood they use nowadays.
Since Dan likes projects, he will be removing the paint from all the furniture and staining them. Once we get all the stuff, I will post before, during, and after pics of this project.

I've always been a DIY kinda gal. It's a lot of fun, saves you money, and it really allows you to personalize the item.

Here are some pics I took of wedding decor I made. In order, pomanders, centerpieces, bridal party bouquets.



No comments:

Post a Comment